HIF mixture adjustment

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: HIF mixture adjustment
From: grhacker@wfl.fha.dot.gov (Gary R Hacker)
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 06:26:39 -0700
I am trying to figure out how to adjust the HIF-6 I just installed on my
75 B to replace the Zenith-Stromberg.  The haynes manual says to turn
the mixture adjusting screw until it is advanced as far up to the bridge
as it will go and then clockwise two turns for the initial setting.  My
Weber/SU carb book says to turn it until the jet is level with the jet
holder and then two turns clockwise.  I haven't been able to come close
to properly adjusting the carb so far.  Any ideas?  All info greatly
appreciated.

Bob Hacker
75 MGB ("Red")
Vancouver, Washington