Re: Stainles system:

To: jon.arikstad@merkantildata.no
Subject: Re: Stainles system:
From: tsouthworth@att.net
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 16:41:01 +0000
Can't really comment on the suspected exhast leak except
to say that I've had a stainless system on my 70 B for
three years and the sound doesn't seem any different than
what I've heard on MG's with standard piping.
Regarding the noise
Did you install the three clamps that secure the system?
There's a front clamp that holds things tight from the
manifold to the first silencer, a second clamp on the
rear muffler and a third one on the tail pipe. If any of
those are missing or loose you're going to hear that
clunking sound.

Hope this helps,
Tuck Southworth
70 B Hers
55 TF Mine

>Here are some q' for you.

>OK here is the problem.
>The system is really four parts. One manifold part/pipe , from cyl
1&4, and
>one long pipe from cyl 2/3. They go into a ' Y' piece, and the 'Y'
then into
>the two silencer partFrom the rear of the car, the sound is nice
MGB. From