Re: [MGC Brakes]

To: mgs@autox.team.net, Edwin Vaughan <vaughme@mail.auburn.edu>
Subject: Re: [MGC Brakes]
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 10:40:49 -0700
Mike Razor had this to say:

>...MGC brakes are in pretty good shape, except now I am getting some black
stuff
>in the  MC.  My guess is that a brake hose is giving up the ghost.  I have the
>replacement hoses, just have not had time to get them on...

Hmmm, I would think "black stuff" in the master cylinder more likely
indicates deterioration of the MC seals (wouldn't think fluid from all
the way down at the hoses could make its way back up into the master
cylinder reservoir). But then, didn't you recently replace the MC? Double
"hmmmmm"...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149