Re: Heat shild

To: <rsexson@excite.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Heat shild
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 17:00:35 +0100
I *think* they are asbestos, and protect the carb bowls from the heat of
thre manifold.  The complete shields are currently available in the UK, at
least.  I've never used (or even seen) the stuff but have read many North
American references to 'header wrap'.  Is that an insulating material that
could be fixed to the metal shield?

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/