Re: MGB timing question

To: <Nferre@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB timing question
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 15:19:35 +0100
According to Haynes an 18V of 79 vintage should have a static of 7 and a
dynamic of 13 at 1500 rpm, but it depends on the precise engine and dizzie
numbers.  Have a look at http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/ and select
'Dizzie Curves' and see if your combination is there.  Your year should have
manifold vacuum which means you have maximum advance at idle and reducing
advance as you accelerate.  If you use no, or carb, vacuum you may have
trouble getting through emissions, if that is an issue.

PaulH.