Re: B Backfire w/ Weber DGV

To: Dennis Vaders <vaders@WILKES.NET>
Subject: Re: B Backfire w/ Weber DGV
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 08:53:09 -0500
  I read that website quote about the primary throttle butterfly opening
some months ago.  I had a Weber DGV on a '70 B - bought new as part of a
conversion kit.  I didn't have to change the timing; just bolted on the
kit, adjusted the idle speed and mixture and drove it for 5 yrs before I
sold the car.

  I often wonder if the major part of the problem some folks have with
this carb on LBCs is because they are installing used parts of uncertain
condition.  To bolster this I can attest to the fact that several of my
fellow club members have installed new Weber kits with no probs.

  On to the prob at hand.  If fuel drips from the primary venturi
there's sumpin' wrong with the carb.  It could be a symptom of the float
valve leaking.  As for the backfire, I wouldn't do any other
troubleshooting until I had the carb working properly.

  Charley Robinson
  '69 B