Re: MGA rust and value

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA rust and value
From: Parker J Whiteway <parkerw@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 00:47:00 EDT
Dave,
        Keep looking!  There are better cars out there.  I know I got a
really good deal, but my car was $1000 for a drivable 57 MGA roadster.
The body has no visible rust, there are dents, but I'm sure you can find
a better one.  Like always, look for the least amount of rust possible.
Mine still has a rust-free frame, and only a little surface rust on the
inside of the body, ie inside of trunk, etc.  I have been told that mine
should be worth about $2500-$3000.   So keep looking.  Have you tried
MGA! magazine or Hemmings motor news?  There are usually several $3000
range MGA's in there.
Good Luck!!
Parker Whiteway
57 MGA roadster