Convertible top installed!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Convertible top installed!
From: "Dan Dwelley" <ddwelley@excite.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 08:09:23 PDT
Hello all!

I installed my Caribou Canvas top this past Sat. on the Midget. What a job
(first time I've ever installed one)! I took my time and it took me a good 7
hours. The time spent was well worth every minute! The top fits really tight
and looks GREAT!! It's amazing what a difference a good top makes to these
little cars.

Now...its time to critique the Caribou Canvas top.

Pros--- The top is of a very good quality canvas. The reenforced edges are
very durable to the tugging and stretching. The snap positions are marked to
the original locations on the car (very close...off by no more than 1/8").
The price was graet for the quality that was received.

Cons --- The snaps aren't preinstalled(with the exception of the internal
frame snaps) and the top (in the case of my Midget) doesn't come with the
Tenax snaps (no big deal because the Tenax snaps are reusable). The rain
gutters could have been a little taller and the window skirts could've been
a little longer (the window skirts are fine but I would like them a little
longer).

My over all assessment would be...A great top for the price!!
For those that want the look and quality of a canvas top but don't want to
spend 600-800 bucks (and don't mind wating a little to get the
top)...Caribou Canvas

Disclaimer--- All of the usual disclaimers apply...I'm not affiliated nor am
I profiting in any way from this company ...yadda yadda yadda. I'm just
really happy with my top and how easily I, as a first time installer, was
able to install it.

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
Alexandria, Va.