Ne'er does one leak end, but...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Ne'er does one leak end, but...
From: thomas.misener@us.pwcglobal.com
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 09:06:17 -0700
So I replaced an o-ring on my Z-S carb. yesterday morning.  Great, I
thought.  No more damping oil leak in my carb., and nothing pressing  now
to fix on the B.  I went to the back of the car to toss the rest of the oil
into the trunk, and what did I see?  A puddle under the back of the car.  A
quick whiff -- gasoline.  On my hands and knees I saw it, just ahead of the
gas tank.  Somehow, after I had banished it from the carb., the leak had
scurried to the back of the car in less time than it had taken me to walk
the same distance.

Well, I had other plans for the afternoon, so I didn't have a chance to get
a good look at what's going on down there.  I saw gasoline dripping from
something in front of the tank, but I didn't get a good look at what.  I'll
probably be looking at it when I get home tonight.  With this type of
problem, are there any not-so-obvious things I should look for or any
special precautions I should take.  I will be looking at it after a long
day of work, and I'll be in a hurry, so I may not be thinking very clearly
about what I'm doing.

One more thing -- sorry about the length of this message.  Who was that
that I saw heading south on 85 toward Mountain View, CA on Saturday.  It
was a white, early B, with red(!) trim and Florida plates.  The driver wore
a white cowl and goggles, and the passenger wore a red, wide brimmed hat.
Wish I'd had my B out then.  I finally caught up with the car (going 80-90,
in heavyish traffic).  Looked great!

Thomas.
79B
computer.