Alternative OD switch - and shocks

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Alternative OD switch - and shocks
From: Johnmowog@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 20:45:57 EDT
I can tell you from experience that the shift-knob switch is very handy and
I've never engaged it accidently. I have a 66 B but am using the late (76-80)
shift lever and switch-containing knob on my 4 syncro. I previously had a 68
with the column shift OD and still can't decide which I like more, but having
it on the knob is a great conversation piece anyhow. The early B location was
to the left of the fuel gauge on the steel dash, actually within reasonable
reach with the big stock steering wheel in place but a bother with the hand
position you end up with when using an aftermarket (read smaller) steering
wheel.

(BTW British Automotive of Novato Ca. www.mgbmga.com provided a very nicely
made moulded plastic trans. cover to make it all look stock where you have to
cut the tunnel to make the 4 syncro fit, usual disclaimers apply but am
giving credit where credit is due...)
As for the electrical shocks, I took my knob and shifter assembly apart
before installing it and found that one of the wires was frayed badly where
it passed into the slot near the top of the lever... I'll bet that somewhere
in there is your problem. A little heat-shrink tubing and back in business.