Question on MGA Side curtain peg socket length

Subject: Question on MGA Side curtain peg socket length
From: "Dave Ahrendt" <ahrendt@agfa.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 14:50:54 -0400
Hi all,

Somewhat obscure question but... Is anyone aware of
possible different lengths of side curtain peg sockets?

I'm trying to mount door top rails on a '59
MGA and the sockets are way too short.  I've not seen the
rails assembled to this car before so I have no idea what's up.
I know there is a little filler on the door but this is not even close.
The wood rail from Moss looks about right, the covering looks about the
right thickness but I must be short by about 1/2".  If I push very hard
I may be able to engage about 1 thread of the socket with the nut.
The pictures show an obround washer as well!

The wood is from Moss (via me), the sockets came with the car and
are probably from VB.

Anyone have a side curtain peg socket they could measure?  I guess
the height (thickness) of a correctly assembled door top rail would
be helpful as well.

Thanks, Dave