Re: MGA FLOOR BOARD INSULATION

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA FLOOR BOARD INSULATION
From: "A D" <mooshupork7@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 06:10:56 PDT
>My car gets very hot form the floor . What can I do for this.

All MGAs do.  There are 2 improvements you can do. 1) put an insulating
layer between the rug and the floor boards and tunnel (the kind with the
aluminum venier obtainable at Home Depot, NAPA, Moss, etc.); 2) construct a
heat shield -- cut, fashion, and attach roofing sheet metal flashing on the
underside, between the the exhaust pipe and the floorboards.  I have read on
the BBS in the past cases where the exhaust pipe is so hot that it
eventually burns a hole in the floor board.

Art D.
1960 MGA 1600