[hans@hi-flow.com: Re: MGB blower]

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [hans@hi-flow.com: Re: MGB blower]
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:40:02 -0700
I asked about the blower, and received this reply.

----- Forwarded message from Hans Pedersen <hans@hi-flow.com> -----

From: "Hans Pedersen" <hans@hi-flow.com>
To: "Larry Colen" <lrc@red4est.com>
Subject: Re: MGB blower
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 16:42:26 +1000

Larry,

> 1) what does it cost?

It's $5950.00 AUD, which translates to $3800 USD at todays exchange rates.

> 2) Do you have any dyno charts compared with stock?
> 3) What are the changes to fuel requirements?

Yes we do, not up on the Website yet. The std MGB puts out around 48BHP at
the rear wheels, our solution puts out 100BHP at the rear wheels. At
3000rpm, the std B puts out around 30HP whereas our solution puts out over
70HP. A massive improvement in performance. There is also a 50% increase in
Fuel Economy when driven conservatively. Those figures are using our pulley
designed for our local gas, 95 octane. We can supply pulleys to vary the
boost for all grades of fuel from local low octane gas to racing gas. It's
about a 10 minute job to change the boost/pulley.

> 4) Do you have different pulleys available for different levels of
> boost?  For example for daily driving I'd probably be quite happy
> with a 20% boost, but when I'm at the track I may want more.
> Ideally I'd like to have a pair of pulleys like in drill presses
> with 2-3 boost ranges.

Yes as I mentioned above we can supply you with just about any boost
increase/decrease you like. The car in the article on our website (which we
just put up) has well over 200HP. It has a few minor mods to it, for
hillclimb use etc but nothing very drastic.

> 5) are the trannys and rear ends in a B up to the extra power?

Within reason. We have no problems with 180HP on the cars we have tested.
The 200+HP car is running a heavy duty clutch and a MG BGT V8 type
propshaft. Mainly because it does so many standing starts!! :)

> 6) Are there any US dealers?

Not at the moment, we are trying to establish a dealership with local
installers in a number of states in the US. Firstly we are looking to move a
few units to enthusiasts to guage response etc.

Hope thats answered your questions, feel free to ask more.

> Pretty much stock specs with balanced and nitrided parts,
> stock dimension (hi-comp) venolia pistons, slightly hot cam.

One thing, your motor - what compression ratio will it be and what is the
timing/lift of the cam? We recommend a GCR of 8.0:1. However it can be ran
with higher. If you are up around the 10:1 area that will probably be too
much for a Supercharger. They are designed to work with relatively low
compression motors.

Best,
Hans Pedersen
High Performance Products
Victoria, Australia
Ph: +61 3 9874 1800
http://www.hi-flow.com/
hans@hi-flow.com

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Welcome to the O/S California. You can log out any time you like ...
lrc@red4est.com                                 http://www.red4est.com/lrc