rear brakes

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: rear brakes
From: Calvin Krug <ckrug@laf.cioe.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 18:51:48 -0600
I've been reading the discussion on spongy brakes, as I've been trying to
bleed my brake system for most of this week.  It's been too hot to spend a
lot of time on it, but I've tried just about everything.  Pumping the
pedal; using a mityvac; and gravity bleeding.  The fronts work just fine,
but I can leave the rear bleder screw open all day and only get a few drops
out of it.  Do I have an obstruction somewhere?  I have one more thing to
try, I'll open both rear screws, hook a hose on one with the other end in a
container of fluid, and the mityvac on the other bleeder.  If it pulls
fluid through that way, I'll know it's not in the rear pipe. I suppose it's
possible that a little chunk of dirt got in one of the lines while the
system was apart for a year, but the rears have always given me trouble.
Any ideas?

Calvin Krug
'79 MGB