%!#&*$^#! DPO Strikes Agin

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: %!#&*$^#! DPO Strikes Agin
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 17:13:06 EDT
My 71 B came with after-market air cleaners, the chrome pancake style. My
mechanic and I always checked the front one to see if it was time to clean
them. It always looked clean. Well I just discovered the back one had no
filler in it! So the car has been driven untold thousands of miles with no
filter in one air cleaner. I've put 10K on it since I've owned it. Just how
damaging is it, running without an air filter? Anyone have a feel for this?
Also when I get a new one installed, will I need to rebalance the carbs?

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336