Seats

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Seats
From: jon.arikstad@merkantildata.no
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 13:20:21 +0200
Tried to 'redo' the passenger seat this weekend.with new foam from MGOC.
Seat rebuild, with foam and webbing bought from MGOC

The seat back foam was to large, tried to cut some away, but the result is
far from perfect. Looks OK,  combined with the fine cracks in the door
padding, the well used drivers seat, and the not perfect dashboard. I had a
split in the vinyl, it got bigger during the fight, new
vinyl--->leather,later, and a professional to do the job ?? $$$

My seat has a diaphragm, not a webbing under. I of course got a webbing. ( I
am sure I ordered diaphragm.) The diaphragm is wery worn, so I drilled holes
in the seat frame, to install hooks and some bands of the webb, to get a
stiffer bottom.  As I feared, with new foam, and better ruber:-) , the seat
is a lot higher, and my head touches the ceiling when I sit in the passenger
seat. But the comfort is much better !

I need to do something with the drivers seat, seat back. My back is often in
contact with the seat frame, since the old foam is nearly flat. Maybe just
new foam in the seat back ? or some 'plate' behind the old foam, so i don't
get the frame in the back.  Just new foam in the seat, or, or ?. Any ideas ?
BTW i can drill holes in the seat frame, and replace the diaphragm, with the
web, but does anybody know where the  holes should be ?

BTW # 1
The brake light now works, I did not do anything ! (? ) The pedal feels a
bit softer, than when I picked it up from the workshop. The break works OK,
and my right leg is getting stronger !
BTW #2
Well, I have been driving the Mercedes for a while. It has allways been a
dream to own one. Another dream is to own a RR, but..
Time for a new car. English sportcar, and German everyday transport, so i
have been offered another dream from the past:
A 1970's BMW:
2002
Tii
ORANGE !

Jon Arikstad
1970 MGB GT
1987 MB 230E
( Managed to buy a pre-transistor QUAD amp, and the original electrotatic
loadspeakers at the age of 40 )