Re: Putting it back together

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>, Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Subject: Re: Putting it back together
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 00:58:12 -0700
On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 12:11:01AM +0000, Barney Gaylord wrote:
> At 05:03 PM 7/26/99 -0700, Larry Colen wrote:
> >.... Just think of it, vacation in the redwoods, 10 miles from the beach,
> 1.5 miles from the nearest winery and all it will cost you is some time
> helping me wrench on my MG.
>
> Why do I find myself looking at my calendar and seeing not much important
> happening in the first half of August?  If you wanted to buy me an airline
> ticket it would save several days of driving and leave more time for
> wrenching.  (Maybe I shouldn't have said that).

I'd *like* to buy you an airline ticket, but if I'd had money lying
around for last minute airline tickets I probably would have spent
last weekend swing dancing up in Portland.

I'm certainly hoping the car will be done by next weekend, although
there might still be a bit of work to do on Saturday. I certainly hope
to be done by then because it is one of those days on which there are
about 8 things going on, none of which are something that I want to miss.

It's been a frustrating evening, rather than doing any "real" work
I've been trying to track down assembly instructions for the Venolia
Pistons (I don't think that there is anything fancy about installing
the rings), the torque specs for the ARP fasteners that I bought from
Seven (It doesn't actually say which torque settings to use off of
the chart) and such like.

I did find the original window sticker for my '69 MGBGT

Sugg. retail POE        3315.00
SP Tires                  25.00
Destination charges      138.00
                        -------
                        3478.00

Also, it turns out that a friend has an ex Improved Touring MGB that
the remains of which will be going to the junkyard, unless someone
wants to claim it for their own.  The primary item of value would
be the rollcage and logbook.  Bill's email is VINTAGERCR@aol.com.
The car is in Sacramento.

       Larry