Re: Another wire wheel attack

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Another wire wheel attack
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 00:49:01 +0000
Larry Hoy wrote:

> > Persistent bugger, eh?
>
> Yes.  Is this one of those questions you keep asking until you get the
> answer you want to hear?   <grin>

Nope... I just needed to drain the last drop ;-)

When I spotted that you raced a similar year 'B to mine and that you
hadn't answered I felt the need to twist your arm.

> So what's my opinion?  Change them now, or run on them until you can
> change them; but plan on changing them over as soon as you can.

That just about sums up the general consensus of answers I have received
(thank you all collectively) both via the list and directly.  Some
either end of the spectrum but most around the middle - the very
cautious, "do it but watch out"... or the casual "just do it and don't
worry".

It looks like I will give it a decent bash and aim to make the change if
I plan to continue and feel like I can justify it (to myself and my bank
manager) to invest in all the other bits and pieces, too.

I will make sure that I get Scotty to advise/warn the list if the wires
don't hang in there.

Consider the thread... CLOSED (for me).

;-)

Eric