Re: Spark Plugs for MGBs

To: "James Nazarian Jr" <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>, <BobMGT@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Spark Plugs for MGBs
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 18:14:03 -0700
Boy, I guess it doesn't pay to be in the trade! Based on a previous post by
someone, I decided I'd do a comparison test of these Bosch 4-electrode
plugs. My dealer cost on them was nearly $4 each! I pay less than half that
for NGK BP6ES...........Where are you finding these Bosch plugs for "a buck
or two", James?

Oh, yes, my opinion of the Bosch plugs? Absolutely no difference from the
BP6ES plugs I was using before. Acceleration didn't change, fuel consumption
is the same, emissions (as tested on my shop Smog machine) no different.

So, 4 electrodes may help VWs go quicker, but they certainly make no
difference to a good MGB!

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center