Questions-re Twist's detox procedure

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Questions-re Twist's detox procedure
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 99 17:50:43 EDT
Hi gang,
   Just finished "detoxing" a '76B in prep for a Z-S to Su conversion and
ending with 3 questions.  Help answering them would be appreciated.
1. Am I correct in that one of the tubes coming from the EGR valve stays open
to the atmosphere? That is what Bentley says (p.283), but the open tube looks
odd.
2. A small tube from the Gulp valve to its other end at the Intake manifold
remains
after the Gulp valve is removed. What happens to this tube and to the hole in
the intake manifold?
3. Another long rubber tube runs from the intake manifold from a position
approximately between the bolt holding the gulp valve bracket and the hole
with the 90 degree fitting. It runs to the other side of the motor. I think I
accidently disconnected it. Any guesses where it might go and what it does?

TIA,
sweating Bill in >90 degree weather for umptold days