More Alternators

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: More Alternators
From: "Jason Dutt" <jason@markerman.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 10:51:36 -0400
Thanks for the responses.

Here's my next question:  The PO has apparently modified the wiring for the
alternator.  It's a 72 B, so it originally had a three wire set up.  One for
the battery, one for the ammeter, one for the regulator (I think).  It is
now  a two wire set up, with the regulator wire completely removed from the
wiring harness.  I think it's the regulator wire...the remaining wires are:
1) Solid brown, thick  2)  Brown with white tracer.

Without getting too technical, why would the PO have done this?  For now,
I'm not real fond of the idea of trying to replace the missing wire, so if
anyone is familiar with this modification, and could let me know what (if
anything) I need to do to the alternator to make this work, I'd appreciate
it.  I suppose I could just compare and contrast between the old one and the
new one, but...

Thanks,

=J=