Re: temperature sensor removal

To: "Bill Saidel" <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: temperature sensor removal
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 11:59:56 -0400
Heat up the engine is right...but leave the radiator cap off (no pressure built
up)
when good and hot... drain alittle coolant (below level or sensor- a pint or
two will do)
then spray something very cold on the brass of the sensor to shrink it quickly.
Something like 'canned air' for cleaning computer keyboard etc. held upside down
so it will sqiurt liquid worked for me.

Paul Tegler
1973 BGT - Daily Driver
1975 Spitfire -in Cherry Shape     1980 Spitfire  w/  O/D - in re-hab
GT6 MKIII - in the works
email: wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com