sputters out????

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: sputters out????
From: Scott/Michelle <mcjsr@talstar.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 15:31:34 -0400
OK MG Gurus,
second question: I have gotton my B to run, and she ran fine...at idle, that
is until I test drove her, now she sputters out after about ten to fifteen
seconds, could this be a carb adjustment problem? I have only had her on the
road for a few seconds, and found that the clutch was slipping, it would
engage, but it would slowly disengage, even as the pedal was still
depressed, so I have the master and slave repalcements on the way. but what
is with this sputter, I know the car has gas, and it starts up fine....but
then after being in gear a short time....she dies on me, almost as if she
was being starved of gas The carb is a single ZS, and I have rebuilt it
recently, the car would turn over and run fine before...but as soon as the
wheels got back on (after a long wait for a brake adjuster), this new
problem set in. Now even at idle she will only run a short time, and
then...put put put.....blah.
TIA

Scott Rexford
75B, hope to be running to the beach ASAP!