Re: road tripping..LBC style.

To: James.Nazarian@colorado.edu, H4aardvrk@aol.com
Subject: Re: road tripping..LBC style.
From: Lmacy1211@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 16:03:10 EDT
You do realize that from Ohio to CO you are driving uphill, constantly.
27 highway and 17 locally is about what you can expect, actually not too
bad for a mile high.

Larry (Wishing I was back in the Mile High Country)

>I just got back a few days ago from Ohio.  I made the mistake in May of
>taking my 71 back to Ohio and leaving it there while I did the V8 here in
>Boulder, Co.  I came to the conclusion that I didn't have the time to do
>the V8 as quickly as I had hoped so I decided to fly back to Ohio and get
>the 71.  My 71 is bone stock except for a thrush exhaust and it is non OD.
>I drove it both ways non-stop for about 22 hours each way running at 4500
>to 5000 RPM.  My speedo doesn't work but my manual says 18 mi per 1000 rpm
>in top gear so that was a pretty good speed.  I got 27 MPG compared to my
>17 locally (still trying to figure that out) and the car didn't complain
>once.
>
>James Nazarian
>'71 B roadster
>'74 BGT bastardization with big alluminum heart :)

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?