Water pump pulley

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Water pump pulley
From: Steve Shoyer <Steve@shoyer.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 22:56:56 -0400
I have the new water pump in the car.  Now all I need to do is get the old
pulleys off the old water pump and put it on the new water pump.  The bolts
have been soaking in PB Blaster for a couple of days, so hopefully that'll
help.  If not, how do I use my propane torch to help free them?  I've never
tried heat before.

Second question:  Three of the four bolts have lock washers, but the fourth
does not.  Wouldn't this cause an imbalance when the pulley rotates?
Should I worry about it, replace all four lock washers with new ones, or do
nothing?

Thanks.

--Steve (1980 MGB)