RE: high beams

To: G Graham <ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu>
Subject: RE: high beams
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 13:49:42 -0700
Gary:

        Chances are the contacts in the (turnsignal, highlow beam) switch
were dirty and corroded.  I'm guessing you may have been on a trip with the
high beams on a lot.  The contacts get hot and sink into the melted plastic
of the switch body.  With luck the melting hasn't happened and you may be
able to clean the contacts and get the switch back together.  Pull the
column cover and take a look at the contacts that have the Blue/white,
Blue/red wires connecting to them.

Kelvin.