DeLorian NO!

To: "'parkerw@juno.com'" <parkerw@juno.com>
Subject: DeLorian NO!
From: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 20:15:47 -0500
Parker,

Don't even think of buying a DeLorian. I don't know if there is a newer
biography of the jerk, mine stops in 1983 after he was busted for drug
dealing, but before  the trial. It covers the design and building of the
car. It (the car) is garbage.

Get the book out of the library, or, since I also belong to the Chicagoland
MG club you can borrow it from me when I get it back from it's present loan.
Also, I have a brochure on the car. You can see me at the next club meeting
(if I remember to go), or get my phone number from the person you were with
the other day who is an MGA expert.

There is a DeLorian for sale (at least last time I drove by), in a lot at
the corner of Cumnor and Ogden in Downers Grove. Don't buy it!

If you want to persue your DeLorian knowledge, there are DeLorians at the
British Car Festival in September. I talked to one of the members and he
said the cars should go for $5-7,000. I hadn't read the biography at the
time and didn't ask him about how they ran. You might find a web page, or
find the club by calling the British Car Union to ask for a contact in the
club. The British Car Union is made up of representatives from the British
car clubs in the Chicagoland area. The only thing they do is the Car
Festival. I you can't find their number, we have a representative who will
probably be at the next club meeting.

BTW, the one fault that sticks out in my mind was that in a front end crash
they discovered that the drivers feet would be soaked with gas! Seems the
fuel pump is mounted on top of the gas tank with its body hanging down in
the tank, and would swivel forward in a crash allowing fuel to spill out of
the tank. The book didn't mention if they ever fixed that problem.

Enjoy your A, you have a great car!

Jack