Tricks and such

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tricks and such
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 14:23:02 -0700
Last night I did a more thorough job of testing my clutch hydraulics
and found out that they were not up to spec.  Pulling the clutch master
was quite a pain in the tuchas, primarily because of the lower mounting
bolt.  While I had the unit out, I JB-welded the bolt in place so that
I could mount the unit without having to try to snake a socket on
an extension through the dashboard.  When I reinstalled it this morning
it worked wonderfully.  Keep this in mind the next time you have to
pull your clutch master.

I've been going through piston ring hell, waiting for the right part.
Last night, while I was looking for my rimflow valves I found a set of
Cortina rings.  It turns out that the bore on a kent motor is 3.187".
Bore on a .020" over MGB is 3.180.  If you can't get MGB rings, you
might be able to make Cortina/prefect/pinto/formula ford ... rings
work.  I didn't take them out of the plastic envelopes to check thickness
though.  Hepolite part # R1606.

What is the level of interest of track driving in Northern California.
When the club I teach with (National Auto Sport Association / NASA) is
having a track day I could likely arrange parade laps at lunchtime.
Another possibility is that if we were to get enough britcar folks together,
I might be able to arrange a group discount or even a special run group.

   Larry

--
The person who dies with the most toys doesn't win. The winner is the
person that has the most fun playing with toys, whoever they belong to.