Re: quick question about the map light, 77B

To: mg list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: quick question about the map light, 77B
From: Tom McLaughlin <tmcl98@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 09:12:23 -0700 (PDT)
All,
I guess this wasn't such a silly question after all.  I did a few tests
last night and with the responses from the list I think I know what's
going on.  I have to hold the light in the up position and it comes on.
 There is a detent that you can feel when you push the light up or
down, but I guess it is not making contact when I push it up so I have
to hold it there.  I'll take it apart this weekend and fix this.  In
the down position, the light does not come on when I open the door.
>From what the list says, I have to rework the switches, clean all
contacts, and check the wiring to solve this.

Thanks for all the help.  The only other thing that doesn't work
properly in the cockpit is the lighter...my buzzer for the seatbelts
still works and did so when I got the car!

Tom
77B