Re: A week in the life (long & boring)

To: doddk@mossmotors.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A week in the life (long & boring)
From: H4aardvrk@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 19:56:24 EDT
doddk@mossmotors.com writes:

<< o a set of stock Rostyles with 185/70s get pulled off the parts MGA
 where they had been resting since the 80 MGB got totalled.  Once installed,
 the bump steer and front end shimmy have almost vanished.  The car is a joy
 to drive and the heavy steering has gone away.  Ok, I think I may have found
 the upper limit of drivable tires. >>
kelvin,
     it sounds as though you are a typical MGer for sure..and the 185/70
tyres ARE the ones to run..My 185/70 Enhlish Semperits are just ok
everywhere. I negociated 400 miles of what was laughingly caled dirt roads in
Wv. last month,,The tyres were the best insurance I had against flying my
roadster off into the trees and boulders.
     Doubtless, you read my rambling recount of my july 5300 mile oddessy to
the east and back..HEHE...I was going to rent a nice barca lounger Nissan for
the same trip this month with wifey..too much loot for summer rental
rates...sooooo..i am reprepping the 1976 Yello-B for the same trip..with a
passenger..and the oddessy continues..aug 12th..listers, be on the lookout
for a safety Yello-B headed east on I-70, I-40, I-64..I wave to allLBC's..:-)
     yours, Howard Gentry   colorado to Wv or have fun trying..lol..and
back<g>