No oil pressure

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: No oil pressure
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 18:11:32 -0700
The motor is in.  I don't have carbs or ignition hooked
up, I just wanted to get oil pressure before firing it up
so I tried cranking it on the starter.  The needle won't
budge.  I grounded the sensor wire and the guage read pressure.
I tried squirting oil down the oil cooler line back into the
line that is connected to the oil pressure guage.  Disconnetcting
the O.P. sender I don't even get any squirting out the lines.

Any ideas?  Short of pulling the motor and trying another
oil pump?

Note that I did pre lube the oil pump with assembly lube and it seemed to
pump just fine.

--
"I actually like granola".   -Geoff Miller
lrc@red4est.com                                 http://www.red4est.com/lrc