The reliability of SUs

To: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: The reliability of SUs
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 12:52:45 -0700
It just occured to me that I pulled the SUs off my last motor
four years ago. They've been sitting around since.  When I was
about to start it up, I bumped up the idle screws 1 1/2 turns
then later bumped both down 1/2 or 1 turn.  The car is running
fine.  After I get a few more miles on the motor, I'm planning
on dropping the idle back down and resyncing them.

It just occured to me that I pulled the SUs off my last motor
four years ago. They've been sitting around since.  When I was
about to start it up, I bumped up the idle screws 1 1/2 turns
then later bumped both down 1/2 or 1 turn.  The car is running
fine.  After I get a few more miles on the motor, I'm planning
on dropping the idle back down and resyncing them.

Su's have a bad rep for unreliablity, but these are going
a long way to disproving that.

   lrc
--
"I actually like granola".   -Geoff Miller
lrc@red4est.com                                 http://www.red4est.com/lrc