Re: 77-80 mgb o/d question

To: "Tom McLaughlin" <tmcl98@yahoo.com>, "Peter Zaborski" <peterz@merak.com>,
Subject: Re: 77-80 mgb o/d question
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 12:01:45 -0400
Paul Tegler
1973 BGT - Daily Driver
1975 Spitfire -in Cherry Shape
980 Spitfire  w/  O/D - in re-hab
GT6 MKIII - in the works
1978 Spitfire - in Superb Shape!
email: wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom McLaughlin <tmcl98@yahoo.com>
To: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>; MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Tuesday, August 17, 1999 10:45 AM

--- Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com> wrote:

> I am
> very interested in this switching mechanism and
> would like to know how
> reliable the "sliding" switch is in long term use.

Peter,
I only saw one reply to your question on the list so I thought I'd send
you my thoughts.  The switch is very reliable.  I had problems with my
OD when I first bought the car, but it had nothing to do with the
switch.  Nevertheless, I took the switch apart, cleaned everything and
put it back together.  I did order a new one from Moss at the same time
as they were relatively cheap.  I now have two.  I put the new one in
the car (even though the old one was fine).  That was 3.5 years ago and
it still works fine.  I have a backup that is 22 years old, but still
functions.  Now I wait until I find the real problem before ordering
parts.

Somewhere on the web I saw that someone had created a more modern
looking shift handle with a switch which was for sale, but I don't
remember where.  I personally like the original, but maybe it is right
for you.  Anybody out there remember that site???

Tom
77B