Re: Indicator Light

To: LEVELOX@aol.com
Subject: Re: Indicator Light
From: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 11:40:45 -0600 (MDT)
I went through that for a year before I figured out the real problem.  The
light is probably your alternator warning lamp.  If your car is doing what
mine did then this is always on but the car will run and charge the
battery, even with the lights on.  What I found is I could run with lights
or radio and keep a marginal charge in battery. If I had the radio and
lights on I could drive but the battery would get sucked dry and the car
would die if I slowed down.  I figured the light was malfunctioning since
I could drive fine, and the stereo was new so I didn't know if the 71
could handle it with the lights as well.  Finally the alternator died one
day so I replaced it and the light went off.  Shocking that after 20 some
years the original alternator warning lanp worked, especially since
nothing else did when I got the car.

James Nazarian
'71 B roadster
'74 BGT bastardization with big aluminum heart :)
'63 Buick 215 cubic inch 'heart'