Re: Shock prices

To: Scott Hower <howersl@yahoo.com>, Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>,
Subject: Re: Shock prices
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 12:39:01
At 06:55 AM 8/19/99 -0700, Scott Hower wrote:

>...ask Barney, I lost count after his 3rd set of rebuilds from Apple
Hydraulics.

>(not to bash Apple, they keep sending him replacement rebuilds gratis.)
>
>--- Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm curious, what's with the aversion to rebuilt shocks?

Actually they quit sending me replacements when the warrantee ran out after
two years.  Having gone through nine rebuilts and having all of them fail,
I finally gave up and bought a pair of NOS units cheap at a swap meet.  No
more problems.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg