Re: tempermental temperature gauge

To: "Edwin Vaughan" <vaughme@mail.auburn.edu>,
Subject: Re: tempermental temperature gauge
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 19:46:20 +0100
Sounds like the thermostat could be stuck open.  With the engine running
from cold, keep a hand on the top hose.  If it gradually warms up then it is
the thermostat.  It should stay pretty cold until the engine is obviously
getting quite warm, then get hot all of a sudden.  If it's not the
thermostat then it could be the gauge (or the sender if electric).

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/
(or if that URL doesn't work try   )
(http://194.168.54.52/paul.hunt1)