Re: New Lotus Elise

To: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>, mgb <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Lotus Elise
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradick1@ic3.ithaca.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 09:24:08 -0400
> I was told (MG content) that it has a 'worked' MGF/Rover motor that
> yields quite a bit more grunt, but that could be just an enthusiastic
> LBC person's fantasy.  Someone might want to let us in on that one.

> Eric
> '68MGB MkII

Right-o!

It is a Rover K-series tuned by Lotus...

"...4 cylinder in-line, 1.8 mid-mounted water-cooled engine with Lotus
developed engine management system. Double overhead cmshafts with mechanical
tappets. Electronic multi-point injection."

"Maximum Power: 170bhp @ 7800 RPM"

An ECU upgrade to that engine will bring an additional 20bhp, for a total of
190bph.

More images & information is available at:
http://www.pistonheads.com/fastcars/340R.htm (also the site I snagged the
tech specs from)

Cheers,

--