Speedometer Question

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speedometer Question
From: "Stefanie & Michael" <barnes2@arkansas.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 07:47:47 -0500
We have recently bought a large collection of cardboard boxes that will
eventually make a 1965 B. The previous owner had started a restoration 10
years ago and fitted the engine (rebuilt and been run regularly in the
interim) and gearbox from a 67 before giving up.

A comment on the 65 transmission conversion prompts this question - how do I
know the speedo is going to read correctly, it has a 1060 unit in the dash
but I don't know whether this is the original 65 or the later 67 one.

Another question for interest only - where was the take-off for the
mechanical tachometer? Our car has no tach with it and I was just going to
find a later electronic one and wire it in.

Cheers

Mike