Re: consistency (OT)

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: consistency (OT)
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 13:16:19 -0700
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little
statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great mind has
simply nothing to do.... Speak what you think to-day in words as hard as
cannon-balls, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words
again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day."

Ralph Waldo Emerson
1803-1882
(from the Oxford Dictionary of Quotations)

...an interesting attitude, that makes him hard to argue with...

: )

Eric Erickson had this to say:

--

Max Heim