Water Pump Lubricant

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Water Pump Lubricant
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 09:11:20 +1000
>switching to 100% water in my cooling system.  Using water with water pump
lubricant and a 167 degree thermostat, I managed to lower my operating
temperature by an average of 20 to 25 degrees.  With the temperature gauge
registering 180 degrees at freeway speeds, my overdrive now stays engaged.

This was on the Healey list and refers to a BJ8 3000. But I think it would
be applicable to MG's too. Can someone explain to me what Water pump
lubricant is? Down here in Australia, there's no chance of water freezing
(except maybe in Adelaide :o) <G>), so the only concern we have is rust..
Whats the difference between Water pump lubricant and a rust inhibitor, I
guess it isn't the same thing then? as inhibitor affects the ability of the
water to transfer heat same as anti-freeze (at least thats what it says on
my Penrite stuff)

Cheers,
Neil.