Re: bullet connectors, 77B

To: JustBrits@aol.com
Subject: Re: bullet connectors, 77B
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 20:22:07 -0500
JustBrits@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 09/02/1999 5:12:04 PM Central Daylight Time,
> rock@rocky-frisco.com writes:
>
>  I just get some from a salvage, unsolder them from the wires, clean them
>  and re-use them. >>
>
> Geez, Rock.  Just the electricity used to heat the iron cost more than the
> $0.12 each for 5 out of 6 sizes.  'Course I guess your "labor" is free, the
> gas to get to the salvage yard is free, the depreciation on the car driven to
> the yard doesn't count (or if you can walk, shoe leather), and then the time
> to clean?!?!?!?

The labour is *fun*; I have to visit the salvage one or two times a week
anyway, since I maintain their web presence (so the bits are also free);
I'm always looking for an excuse to drive the Victor; they are almost
always pretty well leaded with solder so the unsoldering process clean
them - and - the ones at the local parts stores don't look like real
Lucas parts.   ;)

> Guess this mean we can expect a 100 point Concours Car shortly 'cause you
> saved all that money, huh???

Dunno about the money, but the car is almost ready: a re-shelled former
Mark III Cooper S, now dressed in a brand new Mark V bodyshell and
subframes. I've been working on it since the collision last October.
When that's done, I'll start the body and chrome restoration of the
Victor; most of the mechanical stuff is complete. The S won't be a
concourse car in the sense of being faithful to the original, but it
will definitely be a show car as a modified example. I'll bet you dinner
and a pint it will get its own article in Mini World Magazine.

-Rock (no, I don't wash and re-use my paper towels)  ;)
--
Rocky, JJ Cale Band & Pratchett Books: http://www.rocky-frisco.com
Rocky's Mini Cooper Page: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/6437/