RE: CVT for the MGF!

To: "'Max Heim'" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: CVT for the MGF!
From: Hans Duinhoven <H.Duinhoven@simac.nl>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 00:27:16 +0200
Hi,

I've read about this new feature (the CVT is a Dutch invention by the way).
The CVT in the new MGF (only the low powered F can be equipped with it) haas
two characters:
1       fully automatic with virtually hundreds of gears
2       a six speed gearbox. The CVT then switches on 6 preset gear ratios
dependend of
        which one is chosen by the driver. Gear switching goes very quickly
- not clutch is
        needed

This new gear perhaps is another indication the F might be to be released
onto the US market.

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT - just 4 speed box no od