1970 MG Midget

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 1970 MG Midget
From: Jhugheshtk@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 16:18:58 EDT
Got a control box problem, I think. Lucas RB 340 box and a generator, not an
alternator. Gen checks out good. Field has about 2 volts at 2000 rpm. Checked
wires going up to control box. OK. When I start the car the yellow ignition
light wont go out. Still only have 2 volts coming into the light because
cut-out regulator won't make contact. This is my 3rd control box. Is there
another problem I'm overlooking. I only want to turn the cams inside the box
as a last resort !!