Re: Dowel pins on flywheel

To: mmgro@renc.igs.net
Subject: Re: Dowel pins on flywheel
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 00:26:41
At 12:27 AM 9/11/99 -0700, Marc Hamel wrote:
>       When I went to attach my flywheel to the engine I noticed that one of
>the
metal pins was missing. .... I'll just go and pull one off a spare engine
in the shed. Holy cow, how do you get them off when they don't want to
leave? ....

There's a step in the hole, press fit for the pin from the working face,
slightly smaller hole the rest of the way through.  You remove the
flywheel, turn it around, and use a small punch to hammer the pin out from
the other side.  If you don't want to take the flywheel off, good luck,
'cause those pins are designed never to come out.

Then again, new pins are only a couple of bucks, so you could save yourself
some pains if you have the time to buy one.  Otherwise, give your snail
mail address and I'll send you one.  I got a few spares lying around.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg