Re: MGs on Speedvision

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGs on Speedvision
From: MGRagtop@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 07:41:17 EDT
Last weekend I was watching the Monterey Historic races, specifically the
1955-62 class. For a good portion of the race there were 2 late 50s Corvettes
leading the race, and a 4 cylinder Morgan was giving them a run for their
money. One of the Vettes spun out, leaving the other Vette to duke it out
with the Mog. There was an MGA roadster, with roll cage & Brooklands screens,
fitted with the Speedvision in-car camera, which was really cool to watch.
They went to the MG Cam several times throughout the race- the driver was
really driving his pants off!! I felt like I was in the car with him. By the
way, the Mog ended up winning the race- the Vette was 2nd!

Stephen Bartley
Portsmouth NH
1963 MGB