Some questions:

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Some questions:
From: jon.arikstad@merkantildata.no
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 15:55:01 +0200
I managed to replace the rear springs. Sweat, pain and wery little blood.
The front and rear of the car now has the same height. I think I heard some
new clonking sounds back there on the test drive. I will get under the car
today, and check all bolts. The rear feels a bit tighter, new rubber ! .
Also, I used copper-grease, so the job should be easier the next time, I
hope, please  ?

Since my car is a bit higher, I think I have more body-roll. So I will have
to replace the rubber bushes/mount on the front sway bar. 30 year old rubber
there. Anybody with thoughts on a rear sway bar on a chrome bumpered 1970,
GT. Waste of time/money ?? Or maybe a thicker one at the front ?

I have an interior lamp, over the tailgate. It does not work, (Its not the
map light. That works). I checked it, no el-wires, they have probably been
removed years ago. Also, the reverse light does not work. Where inside the
car should the wires go? I have the manual(s), but they say nothing about
where the wires go.   (The reverse light may be the standard bad
connectors/grounding, thou)

The exhaust system is still leaking, where the two manifold pipes connect to
the y-piece. I will probably pay a professional to fix it. But:
If the exhaus system only hangs on the manifold and the rear mount,
everything is OK. But the front mount is 'to close to the sills' , so I have
to bend the ecxhaus system. The result is that the  exhaus pipe does not fit
in the 'slot' in the whatewer_it_is_called under the car. The result is that
the pipe hits the floor. Also that the pipe near the rear axle, hits the
bolt that holds the rear spring to the damper. I have koni telescop dampers
at the rear.
Any ideas or suggestions on this ??

BTW I
I parked my GT near a 197x GT, convertet from rubber-bumper 4-cylinder car,
to a chrome-bumber V8, with 15 inch wire weels, and the original r-bumper
ride height. My car looked so much small !!
BTW II
The expression 'near-side' 'far-side' What do they mean ?

Jon Arikstad
1970 GT