emissions parts

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: emissions parts
From: "Erich" <erich@mail.NGBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 20:28:58 -0400
Hello All,
  I would like to thank everyone for their informative posts and replies. They
have been a great help in keeping my B going.

 I was checking my fuel lines the other day, and made some observations that I
have missed until now (don't know how). The following are items which have been
removed from my '80 B by a PO:
 -Air pump                     -Air manifold
 -Air pump air cleaner         -Gulp valve
 -Air Temp control valve       -various associated hoses
 -The EGR valve has been disconnected
 -no vacuum advance lines.
 -Fuel cut off has been bypassed.

 All other emissions components are there. Are there any problems that the
absence of these items may cause to an emissions controled vehicle? The vehicle
has passed both measured and visual inspections for the past few years (I don't
know how). I was going to switch over to SU's, but was told that they would
cause me to fail a visual(that is all I have to pass now). After passing with
these items missing, I am wondering if that would be true.
 The fuel cut off valve was probably bypassed some years ago, might it still
work? Or, should it be junked and replaced.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Erich,
    -1980 B, primary vehicle
    -currently cleaning cockpit due to Hurricane Denis and Dagmar,
the kitty who thinks it's fun to play on a tonneau in the rain.