Re: Shipping Car Parts

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shipping Car Parts
From: ya632@victoria.tc.ca (artworks@bigfoot.com) (Paul Nelson)
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 11:21:37 -0700
>Does anybody know a good cheap way to ship a fiberglass top?  I sold
>my MGA hardtop and UPS said it is to big for them to handle.
>Mailboxes ect... said the same thing.  Talked to a freight place and
>it may  cost as much as the top is worth (they are still figuring
>the cost).
>THANKS!
>MIKE R

Hi, Mike,
        Having just sold my MGB SnugTop on ebay, and in the process gotten
shipping costs for several locations including cross country, the cheapest
I was able to find was Consolidated Freightways for $175 from Seattle to
New Jersey, which is only 25% of the tops value for clear across the
country.
Paul Nelson