Re: MGB Rear Hub

To: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>, "MGs List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Rear Hub
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 17:10:55 +0100
I bought a bog-standard 1/2" drive socket and it fits no problem.  I used a
couple of tapered wedges between back-plate bolts and the rear of the hub to
break the taper on the hub.  Removed the backplate, then refitted the hub
loosely and tapped the rear with a soft-faced mallet to remove the
half-shafts.

 PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/
(or if that URL doesn't work try   )