I'm a dumbass

To: MG Board <mgs@autox.team.net>, Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Subject: I'm a dumbass
From: gbaker@customcpu.com (Baker, G.)
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 13:25:44 -0800
OK,
  I admit it so let's get on to fixing it.
  I have just completed setting and torqueing the crank and the rod
caps.  The pan's still off and I'm in no big hurry (thank God).  I
noticed the small clearance between the rear of the block and the back
of the flange on the crankshaft that bolts to the flywheel and I says to
myself "I'll bet those flywheel bolts should have been put in that
flange prior to setting the crank".  I, of course, was correct.
   What do you all think of just removing the rear main cap to make
clearance for the flywheel bolts?  This would be MUCH easier and quicker
(but I'm in no hurry)
than removing the crank and at this point I don't see a downside.
   Thanks for you responses as I'm eagerly awaiting to decide how far I
must backtrack.
I'm in no hurry,
Gregg Baker